THE FASTEST METHOD
IN-OFFICE TEETH WHITENING POST-OPERATIVE CARE INSTRUCTIONS
The first 48 hours after whitening treatment are important in enhancing and maximizing your whitening results for a long-lasting, bright and healthy smile.
For the next 48 hours, dark staining substances should be avoided, such as:
- Coffee / Tea
- Tobacco products
- Mustard / Ketchup /Soy sauce
- Cola’s • Red Wine • Berry pies • Red Sauces
- Avoid Lipsticks or anything that would stain a white shirt
Suggestions of white and clear foods you may consume for the next 48 hours:
- Milk, water, clear sodas
- Bananas, apples (no peel)
- White bread, flour tortillas • Oatmeal, cream of wheat
- Plain yogurts, white cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese
- White rice, baked potato • Plain pasta and white sauce
- Turkey, chicken breast (no skin), white fish
Additional ways to maintain your sparkling white smile: Avoid staining related habits Use an automated toothbrush, we suggest Sonicare See your dentist for dental hygiene care to maintain oral health, keep staining to a minimum and determine the need for whitening touch-ups.
Practice good oral hygiene including thorough tooth brushing, flossing to remove debris from between the teeth, and tongue cleaning.
You may also experience some tooth sensitivity during the post-operative period. If you have any sensitivity or the sensitivity is severe, take 600mg of Ibuprofen (3 tablets of regular Advil or Motrin) every 4 hours as needed for pain. Brushing your teeth with desensitizing tooth paste, such as Pro-namel, Crest Sensitivity, Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief or Sensodyne, for the weeks following the procedure is strongly recommended. Please contact the Cinema Dental Care office with any questions or concerns at (661) 755-9991
Patients Teeth Before & After Teeth Whitening