What are Dentures?
Dentures (false teeth) are synthetic replacements for missing natural teeth. Tooth decay, gum disease, and facial injuries can lead to tooth loss.
Some dentures replace a few missing teeth. Others replace all teeth, gums, and surrounding tissues.
Missing teeth can cause facial muscles to sag over time. Dentures are designed to help fill out your facial profile and improve your appearance. They also make it easier to eat, chew, and speak regularly.
The different types of dentures include:
- Complete (full) dentures replace all missing teeth, gums, and tissues. These can be removed by the user at any time.
- Partial removable dentures replace some missing teeth. These can also be removed by the user at any time.
- Fixed partial dentures replace some missing teeth. They can't be removed by the wearer.
- Implant-retained dentures provide an anchorage for the teeth to connect to when in the mouth. These dentures are removable.
- Implant-supported dentures are similar to implant-retained dentures but can only be removed by a dentist, not the wearer.
- Immediate (same day) dentures allow for tooth extractions and denture installation on the same day.
Types of Dentures
There are many different types of dentures available. The type that is best for you depends on your oral health status and lifestyle.
WHAT ARE DENTAL CROWNS & BRIDGES?
What are dental bridges?
A dental bridge is a way to replace a missing tooth. At Cinema Dental Care, we provide clients with dental bridges if they want to replace a tooth without wearing dentures or undergoing surgery. The new tooth is held in place by two crowns. It looks natural and consists of a ceramic or porcelain material to match the surrounding teeth. As a cosmetic dentist, Dr. Kim will ensure that the new tooth looks and feels fantastic.